As a true car enthusiast, your garage is your inner sanctum. It’s the place where you keep your favorite cars and work on your passion projects. With that in mind, it shouldn’t be a surprise if you find yourself wanting to upgrade your garage. As a company focused on helping you build your dream garage from the ground up, we have your back in more ways than one. We know that a garage you’ve improved is a garage you’re proud of and happy to use on a regular basis.
Here are 10 easy ways to take your garage to the next level:
1. Clean garage walls, windows, and floor
Nothing makes you feel a lot better by taking some time to get rid of that dust, dirt, and grime buildup in your garage. Set aside at least two hours to get your garage spotless. Here are a few practical tips to clean your windows, walls, and garage floor:
- Windows: Yes, you need to clean the inside and outside of your windows! A little window cleaner and a cleaning rag will get the job done. Depending on how dirty your windows are, you might have to get rid of loose dirt and dust first before going to town with a window cleaning solution. Windex now makes a great exterior window cleaner you simply attach to your hose and spray away!
- Walls: To start, use a vacuum cleaner to suck up the cobwebs. Don’t forget to get the corners and crevices since they tend to gather more dust. After you’ve gone to work with the vacuum cleaner, use a cleaning rag and water mixed with dish soap to clean your walls. Go through your walls twice if needed. You will be very happy you took the time to do so.
- Floor: Just like your garage walls, get rid of the dust and dirt on your garage floor. You can also use a broom to sweep up your floor. It won’t be surprising if you find leaves and other things from outside that might have blown in every time you’ve opened your garage door. After you’re done with sweeping/vacuuming, mop up your garage floor. You can use two gallons of warm water and a few drops of dish washing liquid to get the job done. Now that you’ve mopped your garage floor with soapy water, rinse out your mop and mop your floor again but this time with clean water. Once you’ve finished these steps, your garage floor will be a lot cleaner.
2. Add a security system
Your garage is responsible for storing everything from your cars to other items that could potentially be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. Installing a security system will give you greater peace of mind. Here are two things you should put to work for you to make your garage safer and protect your belongings:
- Cameras: Consider an exterior camera and an interior camera. Some might say having cameras to secure your garage is like having a babysitter on site. An exterior camera will provide you with the chance to see what’s going on outside of your garage. You can check any outdoor activity without having to step outside. Installing an interior camera adds another layer of security and protection to your garage. You’ll be able to see what’s going on inside your garage should you suspect something is going on. There are plenty of reasonably priced cameras on the market now and most connect to an app on your phone which can alert you with any unexpected motion or sound.
- Motion-sensor exterior lights: This tip will not only improve the security of your garage but it’ll also make the surrounding areas of your garage safer as well. Motion-sensor exterior lights are an effective deterrent to crime since they will illuminate the outside of your garage. This makes it easy to see what’s happening if someone with bad intentions might be snooping around. You will also make it safer for you if you’re doing things outside at night like taking out the trash or shoveling snow. After all, wouldn’t you like to be able to see where you’re going and not have to find your way around in the dark?
Putting a security system to work for you will cost you money, but you can’t put a price on increased safety and greater peace of mind you will receive from doing so. It’ll help you protect your physical belongings in your garage and your family as well.
3. Donate unwanted items
Like most people in the United States with a garage, you probably have things you’ve been keeping but don’t actually want or need. A solution you can use is to donate these unwanted items to a thrift store. Sort through everything in your garage to make sure that you’re not holding onto anything that is taking up precious space. To help you not miss anything, here are some categories of items you should go through when separating old belongings for donation:
- Clothing: Do you have bags of old clothes that have been in your garage for more than a year? If you haven’t touched them in more than 365 days, you don’t need them at all. They’re just taking up valuable space that doesn’t need to be used. Old articles of clothing are a no-brainer contribution to your donation pile.
- Furniture: Included in this category are camping chairs you don’t use, tables, dressers, nightstands, coffee tables. If you have any unwanted furniture, take them out of your garage to clear up more space. It could be worth trying to sell old furniture if they’re still in good shape. Whatever you’re not able to sell, take them to your local thrift store.
- Toys and athletic equipment: Everything from rusty bicycles to children’s toys can go as well. Go through all of your sports accessories and equipment like your weights, basketballs, soccer gear, and yoga mats. Sift through and separate everything that still works but throw away everything else that is unsalvageable. Give away the working fitness/sports gear to an organization that will get these items in the hands of people who’d benefit from them.
After you have gone through the process of donating unwanted items, take a moment to appreciate how much better you feel. Reducing clutter in your garage will always result in a breath of fresh air.
4. Add ceiling storage racks
Get the items that you still want but don’t use very often up and off the floor. You can accomplish this by installing racks that are above the floor and hang from the ceiling of your garage. This is a great way to get your boxes and bins off the floor and out of the way by using space that would be unused otherwise. You can use this storage method to keep seasonal things safe and available when you actually need them such as Christmas lights. Ceiling storage racks are also an effective way to store keepsakes such as family memorabilia you can’t throw away or donate.
5. Use cabinets as additional storage
Cabinets are an easy way to help you stay organized and keep items out of sight. They tend to be a classier option you can use to create a sense of order in your garage. Items you’d store in your cabinets will be things that you would use on a more regular basis compared to holiday decorations. Here’s a quick list of things you can keep in your garage cabinets:
- Car detailing equipment
- Extension cords and power strips
- Extra paper towels
- Power tools
- Sporting equipment
Keep in mind that the items on the list right above aren’t the only things you can store in your garage cabinets. The list is purely here to give you some ideas and serve as storage inspiration. To make your life even easier, consider labeling your cabinet shelves. By labeling your cabinet shelves, you will be able to easily find anything you need.
6. Hang up tools on your wall
Sure, cabinets allow you to easily store things you don’t need all the time but what about the tools you might use more often like rakes and brooms? Use wall hooks to hang those tools on your garage wall. You will always know where to find them when you need them whether you’re in need of a hammer or a handsaw. Using wall hooks will allow you to keep them off the floor and prevent your tools from becoming tripping hazards. This solution will also help you stay organized and prevent the chaos and frustration that comes from not knowing where your tools are
7. Secure chemicals, paints, power tools, etc.
To increase the safety of your garage, lock up any dangerous chemicals and tools. It’s still a great thing to do even if you don’t have kids at home. Remember those cabinets from tip #5? Cabinets are a great way to secure anything that would result in a less than desirable event should those items get in the hands of a child. Put a lock on the doors of the cabinets you’re using to store anything toxic or sharp. This will reduce any stress that might come from your children or grandchildren playing in your garage. Locking up your things will also reduce the chances of theft in the event of someone breaking into your garage with the intent to steal from you.
8. Schedule out time to organize and clean every three months
Don’t just organize your garage once and call it good. Set a date in your calendar on a quarterly basis to clean and organize your garage. While you were able to purge your garage of old, unwanted things by following the earlier tips, you’ll find that you still have more junk you can get rid of. You will find that it’s easier to feel content with the state your garage is in because you’re maintaining it on a consistent basis. Take time to do everything from sweeping up dust to donating old belongings throughout the year. It’ll help you have a sense of control over your life and prevent you from having to do a major clean up in the future.
9. Paint your garage walls
Since you’ve followed tip #1 on this list and cleaned your garage walls, one of the top ways to take your garage to the next level is to add a fresh paint job to your garage. Painting your garage walls breathes new life in your garage and gives it a more welcoming feel. It’ll make you feel more energized and comfortable every time you walk into your garage. A quality paint job will also increase the value of your home if you’re thinking about putting your home up for sale. Remember that you don’t need to power through painting your garage on your own. Ask for help or consider hiring a professional painter to get the job done.
10. Next level flooring thanks to RaceDeck
After you’ve done some serious cleaning and organization, now is your time to really level up your garage game. The icing on the cake or the cherry on top will be installing RaceDeck flooring! RaceDeck flooring is easy to install and use while turning your garage into a showplace for your awesome cars. You don’t need any tools to install it and the whole process can be completed in just a few hours. Choosing RaceDeck to help you take care of your garage flooring needs means you receive a 20-year limited warranty and added protection to your garage floor. RaceDeck flooring gives you the opportunity to customize your flooring color to do everything from matching your car color to rep your favorite sports team.
The ten tips you just read might feel like a lot to take in, but they don’t need to be stressful. Take each bit of advice one at a time and you’ll be able to have the perfect garage you and your cars deserve. All of the tips are tried and tested which, if followed, will provide you with greater satisfaction at home.
Since you’ve taken the time to deep clean and organize, you’ll have an incredible space you can enjoy. Your garage will be taken to the next level and will be a sweet spot you can be proud of!
Your garage is your haven. Why? It’s where you keep the cars that you’re proud of.
As a car enthusiast, you like to keep your garage in great shape. Your garage needs to be organized and designed in a way that helps you know where everything is at all times.
With designing and organizing your garage, there are a few common mistakes. We’ve separated these into two categories: Organization and aesthetics. Don’t be too hard on yourself if you’re guilty of anything listed below–you’re not the only one, and most of these problems are easily remedied!
Problem: Your garage is cluttered and unorganized
One area you may be having trouble with is organizing your garage and keeping it free of clutter. Clutter is a real issue if you can’t even use your garage to park your cars. Having a garage full of broken and unneeded things can be embarrassing and stressful to look at. Here is a list of items you may have but no longer need:
- Broken tools: Example: a weed whacker that hasn’t worked in three years and you keep saying you’ll fix it but never have. Broken drills and that unsalvageable air compressor you keep just in case (in case what? You need a broken air compressor?) fit in this category as well.
- Unused sports equipment: Were you an avid tennis player in your past life and have rackets laying around? What about that dusty weight set you haven’t touched in years that prevents you from parking in your garage? Any fitness equipment you no longer use contributes to clutter and frustration with your garage.
- Old holiday decorations: That decrepit Frosty the Snowman you used to put on your front porch when your oldest kid was in kindergarten probably needs to go. You’d be surprised how easy it is to allow tired holiday decorations to take up space in your garage.
- Useless baby clothes: Do you still hold onto infant and toddler clothes despite no longer having kids who need them? Sure, they’d be great to keep for memories, but old children’s clothing just takes up space at the end of the day. Children’s clothing really only benefits children, so keep that in mind.
- Unwanted furniture: It’s not uncommon to store items such as extra chairs and tables in your garage. Unwanted furniture takes up valuable space and you could definitely do without it.
Solution: Declutter with a minimalist mindset
Now that we’ve identified five categories of items you may have but no longer need, here are solutions to help you regain control of your garage. It’ll require somewhat of a minimalist mindset that will help you feel empowered through organizing your garage. A minimalist mindset doesn’t mean you should get rid of absolutely everything. Rather, you’re focusing heavily on what you actually need and use on a regular basis. By following the tips below, your garage won’t feel overwhelming and your significant other will thank you.
- Tools: The first step to getting your tools organized is to separate the broken/defective tools from the ones that still work. Once you’ve separated your tools into two different categories, throw away the tools you can’t use. For the tools that still work, consider selling the tools you no longer need and find homes for the tools you still use. This might mean installing hooks on a wall in your garage to hang things like brooms, rakes, and shovels. Tool boxes and other storage equipment are also handy in organizing your garage.
- Sports equipment: It might be difficult for you to part with unused sports equipment due to the money you’ve invested in them, as well as positive memories associated with the equipment, but it’s still in your best interest to part with them. If you have athletic items that are still in good shape, consider trying to sell them on Facebook Marketplace or eBay to get some money back. For the sporting goods and fitness equipment that you still use, store them in bins to keep them contained and out of the way. A garage sale is also another way to blow out some old items and earn some quick cash to put toward organizing your garage.
- Holiday decorations: Yes, you do need to get rid of that decrepit Frosty the Snowman. The same goes for any holiday decorations just laying around your garage you no longer use or want. It’ll take you some time to sort through everything but you’ll be glad you did. For the holiday items that are still in working condition but you don’t use, consider donating them to a thrift store.
- Baby clothes: This category of items might be the most difficult to deal with, depending on how nostalgic you are. If you can’t bring yourself to donate old children’s clothing to a thrift store or throw them away, give them to family members who are expecting a newborn. You’ll be able to create more space in your garage by doing this. For the outfits you especially feel attached to, limit yourself to ten articles of clothing. This will help you free up space while still holding onto clothing that brings back positive memories.
- Furniture: It’s not uncommon for people to have aging furniture in their garage. This includes chairs, tables, and maybe even couches. Yes, that old card table you’ve had since 2002 and haven’t used since then makes this list as well. The obvious thing to do at the start is to either donate or sell furniture you haven’t used in more than a year. Selling furniture hardly ever gets you your money back, but at least you will earn some cash while purging your garage. You will instantly clear significant space in your garage and rid the overwhelming feeling that comes from clutter.
Problem: Lack of garage aesthetics
If your garage is hard to look at, or if other people have cared enough to tell you that, it’s time to put the work in. You will enhance the overall aesthetics of your garage with time and effort. Here are some common problems that prevent your garage from becoming something you are proud to show off. After all, your garage is more than just a place where you store your favorite cars.
- Poorly done paint job/no paint job: Adding the right type and color of paint to your garage can quickly breathe new life into your garage. When your garage walls are unpainted or are covered in poor quality paint, your garage isn’t very inviting. This is especially true if the wall paint color does not match the rest of your home.
- Bare garage flooring: Is your garage floor just concrete with nothing else on it? There are different issues that arise from an unfinished garage floor. One of the problems includes a higher chance of slips and falls when the flooring is wet. Another problem is that your garage may not be able to resist any spills or stains. Not to mention unsightly cracks and imperfections that appear in concrete.
- Terrible lighting: If it’s difficult to see in your garage even when you turn on the lights, it’s time to consider new lighting. Lighting greatly affects your mood and how you view everything around you. Yellow fluorescent lights are good to get rid of since they don’t add to the overall aesthetic of your garage. There are also negative health effects to consider that are related to fluorescent lights like eye strain, sleeping problems, migraines, and higher levels of anxiety. Who knew the type of lighting you used could have such a big impact on your mental and physical health?
Solution: Transform your garage with these easy improvements
Now that we’ve identified some of the common things that contribute to your garage’s lack of aesthetics, here are the solutions to those problems. Your garage is part of your home so it’s definitely worth your time and energy to improve your garage.
- New paint job: Adding a fresh coat of paint is one of the most proven ways to increase your home value. It also provides an incredible return-on-investment (ROI) for your work. In fact, a brand-new paint job can give you a 55% ROI. Painting the interior of your garage will breathe new life into it and will make it a more inviting place. Here are a few tips to make sure you don’t waste your garage painting efforts:
- Clean your garage walls: It’s not uncommon for garage walls to be dusty and dirty. Anytime you open your garage door, you allow a wide variety of particles into your garage. Cleaning your garage walls will prevent your paint job from going to waste. You can use a shop vac to suck up loose particles. After vacuuming, use a rag with dish soap and water to remove dust and grime from your walls.
- A primer on unpainted drywall: Primer will prevent your paint from absorbing into your drywall. Your paint job will be able to dry evenly and give you the results you expect from new paint.
- Consider interior latex paint: You won’t need exterior paint for the inside of your garage because the inside of your garage isn’t directly exposed to the elements. Interior latex paint will look great and give you the vibe you want in your garage.
- RaceDeck flooring: One of the easiest ways to protect your garage floor while improving the safety of your garage is to install RaceDeck flooring. There are multiple benefits to choosing RaceDeck flooring such as the hiding damaged concrete and adding more traction. You can use self-draining RaceDeck flooring to receive the benefits just mentioned. Self-draining RaceDeck flooring’s advanced design allows air and moisture to escape which prevents odor from building up in your garage. RaceDeck’s patented design also helps prevent slip and falls in the event you spill liquids such as water and car oil on your garage floor.
- Better lighting: To improve your mood and overall health, take some time to invest in better lighting for your garage. If you have a large budget, consider adding a skylight or more windows to your garage. These increase the amount of natural light that comes in. Natural lighting will quickly boost your mood and not take a toll on your eyesight. If adding a skylight or new windows isn’t an option, consider upgrading the lightbulbs in your garage to incandescent lights. They won’t flicker as much as fluorescents so you should be able to reduce your chances of eye strain. While incandescent bulbs aren’t as energy-efficient as LED lights, they won’t disrupt your sleep patterns or damage your vision like LED light can in the long-term.
If you couldn’t relate to any of the organizational problems or aesthetic issues we’ve shared above, well done! If you could identify with the problems we’ve shared, these solutions can help you in designing and organizing your garage, creating the ideal space for you and your favorite cars!
What are the next steps to getting the garage you deserve?
Taking the time and energy for organizing your garage doesn’t need to be an overwhelming experience. Identify your goals, then break them down into smaller projects that you can tackle one weekend at a time. For example, spend one Saturday afternoon listing items for sale on social media that you no longer use. The next Saturday afternoon, set aside two hours to clean your garage walls, then paint your walls the week after. Once you’re done organizing your garage and completing everything listed above, like installing RaceDeck flooring, take a picture to showcase all of your hard work and tag us on social media @RaceDeck! We’re looking forward to seeing your awesome garage!
RaceDeck flooring is a quality product that’s here to stay. It’s designed to turn your garage into a showplace or dream workspace so you can show off and customize your favorite cars. RaceDeck is easy to install and available in different styles and colors. Like all great products, RaceDeck flooring has been recognized by many outlets. Here are five times RaceDeck was featured online:
My Classic Car
RaceDeck flooring received an awesome shout out from My Classic Car’s host, Dennis Gage. Gage and his team helped get the word out about RaceDeck to a national audience. Gage’s feature of RaceDeck flooring was part of the search to find the “Coolest Garage On TV.” Entrants with RaceDeck floors, a cool garage, and rad rides were eligible to win a visit from Dennis and his filming crew for a segment to air on My Classic Car. Here were the requirements for people to enter the RaceDeck flooring giveaway with Dennis Gage:
- Have a RaceDeck garage floor in your garage
- Be a fan of My Classic Car
- Have a rad ride – Cars, trucks, and bikes are all welcome
- Have the coolest garage on the block.
Check out the details of the collaboration with My Classic Car at this link!
An online publication focused on helping homeowners beautify their homes, House Beautiful gave RaceDeck a quick shout out. Here’s what House Beautiful writer, Stephen Treffinger, had to say as part of his article about new garage innovations:
“High-tech RaceDeck flooring tiles snap together with no tools and have a weight-bearing substructure that prevents moisture buildup and odors. They won’t stain or chip, are easy to clean and keep your garage looking tidy. Available in 14 colors. From $4 per square foot. racedeck.com.”
RaceDeck flooring was suggested by Builder’s Lauren Shanesy as way to give your garage a more finished look. Check out what Shanesy pointed out about RaceDeck flooring:
“SnapLock Industries’s RaceDeck flooring is a modular garage flooring system that gives homeowners a more finished look in the space. The floor is moisture-resistant and slip-resistant when wet, and has a self-draining design for water management. The material can withstand heavy weights, and can support tool chests, four post lifts, other garage rolling equipment, and trucks, says the company, and won’t become damaged if the garage foundation concrete cracks. The system installs in a few hours and its interlocking technology requires no specific installation tools, glues, or coatings or epoxies, meaning there are no toxic fumes. Homeowners can choose from nine styles and fourteen colors, or create a custom floor.”
Which car lover doesn’t want garage flooring that’s durable, waterproof, and oil-proof? Long Island homeowner Bill DeBlasio praised RaceDeck flooring for how good it looks in his garage and how it will it handles spills. RaceDeck flooring can handle everything DeBlasio does in his garage including auto detailing.
If you want to quickly upgrade your garage, one of the things Popular Mechanics recommends doing is installing RaceDeck flooring. This is because of how easily you can customize your garage with RaceDeck flooring. You can also use the different colors and styles available from RaceDeck to help you stay organized in your garage.
What are your questions about RaceDeck flooring? Give us a call at
Having the perfect garage matters to car lovers and homeowners alike. Part of bringing your dream garage to life is adding the right upgrades. When you make the perfect upgrades to your garage, you’re able to get the most out of your garage. Here are a handful of improvements every true car lover has made to their garage:
Having a designated workbench gives you a place to work on different projects you need to finish. You’re able to work on your radiator or carburetor without having to bring it in the house. Make sure that the bench is a decent size so you have plenty of space to work. You don’t want to run out of space for the tools that you need within reach of you!
If you’ve had to walk into your house just to wash your hands only to go back to your garage to keep working, you need a utility sink. Installing a utility sink is a really useful addition to your garage. You’ll make your life a whole lot easier since you can also use it to clean off your dirty tools and use while out doing yardwork.
A storage system
Having a home for all of your tools and spare parts is really important to clear your garage of clutter. There are different solutions you can use in your garage to help you stay organized. Some of these solutions include utility hooks that you can use to hang up tools like brooms and rakes. You can also use a mounted wall organizer to store items such as nuts, screws, bolts, and washers. For keeping your boxes and containers organized, you could consider overhead storage racks to help keep your boxes and containers off the ground.
Custom RaceDeck flooring
If you want garage flooring that you can easily install and personalize, consider RaceDeck flooring as one of your garage upgrades. You can add more personality to your garage since you can choose exactly which color schemes you want to use. They’re also functional, durable, and slip-resistant when wet.
Examples of garage updates:
For any questions you have about RaceDeck flooring, call
When you invest in your garage, you also invest in the value of your home. You’ll naturally want to improve your garage since you’re a true car lover. By following the four tips below, you also add more personality and can save money in the long run as well. Here are four things you can do to your garage that will be sure to increase the value of your home:
Breathe new life into your garage with a new paint job
There’s nothing like a fresh paint job. Upgrading the paint in your garage will give it a fresh feel. It’s a worthwhile investment and will make your overall home more enticing if you’re planning on selling your home.
Brighten up your garage with better lighting
Upgrading your garages lighting not only increases the value of your home but it also improves the safety of your garage. With proper lighting in your garage, it’ll be easier to see where you’re going. You’ll also have significantly better visibility when doing everything from detailing your car to replacing your windshield wipers. Depending on the aesthetic of your garage and what you need, there are many different lighting options for you to choose from such as strip lights and wraparound light.
Save money on energy costs by improving insulation
What if you could save money in the long run on energy costs while still raising the value of your home? You can do both by improving your garage insulation. It’s a worthwhile investment especially if you work a lot in your garage. You’ll be more comfortable temperature-wise in your garage any time you have to get something done. There are different types of insulation you can use. Be sure to consult an insulation expert before taking action.
Add personality and increase safety with RaceDeck flooring
You can breathe even more life into your garage by installing RaceDeck flooring. One of the reasons why RaceDeck flooring adds value to your home and is it improves the safety of your home. The safety level in your garage goes up is because RaceDeck flooring is slip-resistant when wet and is also available in a self-draining design to reduce slip and falls. If you want to add personality to your garage, you can even customize the flooring color combinations for your garage. It’ll give your garage more flair and make it more inviting.
All four tips listed above will not only add value to your home but it’ll also make your garage even more inviting. You are more likely to enjoy being in your garage by following these tips. You’ll also make your home more appealing to prospective home buyers should you decide to sell your home.
For any questions about RaceDeck flooring and how it’ll improve your garage, give us a call at:
RaceDeck® Garage Floors introduces new Carbon Fiber style to their multi-patented TuffShield® garage flooring lineup
RaceDeck, the industry leading manufacturer and supplier of premium modular garage flooring systems, introduced a new addition to their multi-patented TuffShield Diamond garage flooring lineup. The new Carbon Fiber TuffShield combines the classic diamond plate design with the cutting-edge look of a carbon fiber pattern. Perfect for entire floors or just design accents, Carbon Fiber TuffShield is the only modular garage product to use an in-mold process guaranteeing a tough high-gloss finish that does not peel, chip, or wear.
TuffShield’s multi-patented technology delivers unmatched durability engineered to withstand the harsh garage environment. This easy to clean and hard-to-scratch surface is resistant to petroleum products and most household chemicals. The Carbon Fiber series has the look of real carbon fiber weave, without the cost and hassle. Carbon Fiber TuffShield is also a “snap” to install and as easy to maintain as the original RaceDeck TuffShield products.
“I am looking forward to seeing all of the creative garage floor installations with our new high-tech TuffShield Carbon Fiber, especially with some of the cool rides parked on them with carbon fiber accents.” – Jorgen Moller, RaceDeck CEO.
RaceDeck Garage Flooring is engineered for the garage life, withstanding even the toughest garage environments. The multi-patented system makes installation a Snap! Installs in just hours, not days; say goodbye to that toxic epoxy mess and adhesives.
RaceDeck products are proudly Made in the USA: All engineered, manufactured and shipped from the headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah. RaceDeck has been awarded ISO 9001:2015 Certification for its Quality Management System, demonstrating its uncompromising commitment to manufacturing and providing the highest quality products and services to its customers. With over 29 patents and over 480 claims, you can be assured you are getting the most advanced modular garage flooring in the world.
The new Carbon Fiber TuffShield flooring system:
Protecting your cars and garage is always worth your time and resources. As a true car enthusiast, you know the value of every single car you own and the cost of every item in your garage. The best way to protect your cars and garage from vandalism, theft, and natural causes is by investing in your garage. Here are three easy ways to protect your cars and garage:
1. Install a security system
A security system is a worthwhile investment when you consider the value of your cars and everything you have in your garage. Today’s security systems can do everything from alerting you in the event of a break-in to notifying you if there’s a fire in your garage. It’s important to add motion detectors near your windows and doors since they are access points to your garage. The use of outdoor cameras and motion-activated lighting is another way to increase security. You’ll be able to track unwanted movement outside of your garage and anything happening at night.
You can either pay to have your security system installed or go the DIY route. Opting for the professional install route may cost more but whatever you decide to do comes down to your budget and what you’re most comfortable with.
2. Frost your windows
To reduce the chances of people peeking through your garage windows, you can frost them with spray paint. Doing so prevents anyone from the outside a clear look at your cars and other valuables. If you don’t want to frost your windows but still want more privacy, consider installing curtains. Curtains can be easily removed should you decide to move. Either way, you can reduce the chance of burglaries by blocking people from looking into your garage.
3. Use self-draining RaceDeck garage flooring
Unfortunately, criminals aren’t the only threat to your cars and garage. Mold and mildew can grow which will damage your garage and the interior of your cars. Not only are mold and mildew bad for your lungs and your expertly detailed cars, but they also lead to bad odors.
A simple way to reduce mold and mildew in your garage is by using the patented self-draining RaceDeck Free-Flow garage flooring system. Every RaceDeck flooring tile is fully channeled to allow air and moisture to escape. This unique design helps eliminates odor-causing mold and mildew. With RaceDeck flooring, you also benefit from the odorless installation which means there are no toxic epoxy fumes when you lay each RaceDeck garage tile exactly how you want to.
Safety and security are important when it comes to your garage and the cars inside. With these tips, you can start to get the most out of your garage and enjoy it for years to come.
Do you have any questions about how you can get the most out of your garage with RaceDeck flooring? Are you in need of help when it comes to showing off your cars? Give us a call at
Designing and creating the coolest garage is a must. Your prized ride deserves the perfect garage. These factors include everything from making sure your garage has the space for your cars to picking the perfect RaceDeck flooring color. There are several questions you need to ask yourself when choosing your RaceDeck flooring layout and this blog post will help you do just that.
Q: Do I want to increase the brightness of my garage?
If your answer to this question is yes, it’s a good idea to choose RaceDeck tile combinations of alloy and graphite. You could also install all alloy tiles for a clean, fresh look if that’s the vibe you’re going for. Lighter colors of garage tiles also help reflect natural light well–this is great if your garage has a lot of windows. Installing light-colored garage flooring will make your garage feel spacious and open, which can feel very inviting.
Q: Do I want alternating colors that complement the colors of my cars I have in my garage?
Complementary colors are two different colors that can cancel each other out when mixed together and when placed next to each other, they create good contrast. Here are a few examples of complementary colors:
- Blue and yellow
- Green and red
- Orange and blue
- Green and purple
- Purple and yellow
The color combinations are simple, yet help create a fun atmosphere in your garage. Color combos like blue and yellow add a bit of a pop and liven up where you show off your cars. Adding a fun bright color can also be a great way to tie in any custom paint jobs done on your vehicles.
Alternatively, you can match pieces or the whole floor to your cars, like these garages have below.
Q: What are the colors of my favorite sports team?
Going with the colors of your favorite sports team is always a great choice. It doesn’t matter if your number one team is professional or amateur. You’ll always be able to customize your RaceDeck flooring so everyone knows what color you bleed on game day!
Many RaceDeck customers create their garage around a theme, be it sports, cars, bikes, or anything they choose. See some examples of themed garages below.
Q: How can I create more contrast in my garage when all of my cars are the same color?
To show more of the color of your cars, one thing you can do is install RaceDeck flooring of contrasting colors to your cars. This works particularly well when your vehicles all have the same color. To create more contrast, here are three color combination ideas you can use in your garage:
- Blue cars with all orange garage tiles
- Yellow cars with all black garage tiles
- Red cars with all alloy garage tiles
You could even have separate color tiles for each spot your park your cars depending on the colors of the car. This works well if not all of your cars have the same paint color, i.e. placing orange tiles only where you park your blue car.
Now that you’ve given your RaceDeck flooring color choices some thought, give us a call:
We’ll help you pick the perfect flooring for your garage and bring your dream garage to life!
Upgrading your garage with our patented RaceDeck garage flooring is a no-brainer. If you’re a car guy, you definitely want to display your rides by turning your garage into your own home showroom. You’ve worked hard to acquire your dream rides. Only you know that truly showing them off will do them justice.
Here are a handful of reasons why true car guys choose RaceDeck flooring:
Easy To Install
Whether you’ve restored your classic cars or detail your muscle cars better than anyone else, you need to be in control of your garage. It’s important that you know every little detail about your garage since it’s how you protect and show your cars. True car enthusiasts choose RaceDeck flooring because of how easy it is to install and how durable it is. To install your RaceDeck flooring of choice takes just hours. After all, it’s engineered to be a true DIY garage flooring system for the tough garage environment!
Check out how simple it is to put in RaceDeck flooring in your dream garage:
Made In The USA
There’s nothing like supporting the American economy by purchasing products made in the USA. All RaceDeck products are 100% made in the USA which you can be proud of. Every single RaceDeck garage tile is engineered, manufactured, and shipped from our headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah. RaceDeck’s parent company, SnapLock Industries, stands out from the rest due to its history and dedication to excellence. The high standards of SnapLock Industries have resulted an award of ISO 9001:2015 Certification for its Quality Management System. This proves its steadfast commitment to manufacturing and providing the highest quality products and services to its customers.
Increased Garage Safety
Another reason why car enthusiasts choose RaceDeck flooring is because of the increased safety and durability that comes with RaceDeck tiles. It’s slip-resistant when wet. This means that you reduce the chances of a slip-and-fall in the event of liquid spilling on your garage floor or when snow melts off tires after a big storm. RaceDeck flooring is not affected by moisture so you don’t have to worry about it warping when there’s an increase in humidity. There are also no toxic fumes involved in the installation of RaceDeck flooring, compared to other types of flooring which may lead to harmful odors when installed.
20-Year Limited Warranty
Just as you only do your best work when maintaining and upgrading your cars, so do we with our flooring. We offer a 20-year limited warranty to everyone who chooses RaceDeck flooring to take their garage to the next level. Should any RaceDeck floor tiles break, you can easily replace broken tiles with new tiles within 20 years of purchasing.
RaceDeck flooring is a result of close to 40 years of engineering innovation in premium modular flooring. This cutting edge technology will help you showcase and protect your cars for years to come.
For any questions you may have about what RaceDeck flooring can do for you, call
Las Vegas, Nevada
Following an almost year-long search, RaceDeck and My Classic Car have announced the Grand Prize Winner for the “Coolest Garage on TV” contest!
Just moments ago, the RaceDeck crew went live via Facebook from their booth at the 2019 SEMA Show in Las Vegas, with MCC host Dennis Gage on hand to announce the winner. During the live feed, RaceDeck followers were surprised to see Dennis announce not one but two grand prize contest winners, both with garages he and his film crew will visit and feature on segments of My Classic Car.
Throughout the year, entrants with RaceDeck Floors were encouraged to submit photos and a brief history of their garage, floor, and vehicles. After viewing hundreds of awesome submissions, RaceDeck narrowed the field down to the top 10. From there, Dennis Gage chose the final winners.
“This was really a tough one. I couldn’t believe all the incredibly cool and creative garage designs people sent in! It took a while to narrow it down to the top ten and then to the top five, but in the end I just couldn’t decide between what I felt were the top two, so we decided to go with two winners. I’m really looking forward to seeing both of these in person! Should make some pretty good TV too!” – Dennis Gage, Host of My Classic Car
Congratulations to the two Grand Prize Winners with the Coolest Garages: Ted Pacha and Tony Dekellis!
Another big congratulations to our 2nd runner up, Aaron Reitman, who also sent in an amazing submission of his European garage with RaceDeck FreeFlow flooring.
Both Coolest Garage grand prize winners have won a visit from Dennis and the My Classic Car film crew. Their garages will be toured and featured on segments of MCC, a hit show on Velocity tagged as the longest-running car show on air. RaceDeck, a major sponsor of My Classic Car for a decade, was ecstatic at the opportunity to show some love to their customers. BIG thank you to all that entered. With so many rad garages and cool stories, it was a tough decision for everyone involved!
RaceDeck Garage Floors manufactures quality products in Salt Lake City, Utah. The RaceDeck crew knows what it means to love cars, bikes, and toys!