Epoxy flooring and painted garage coatings
Coatings include floor paints, epoxy paint, stains, and sealers, all of which can emit toxic fumes. There are thousands of various coating options in the market with no clear leader. Properly applied coatings can protect against stains, road salts, some chemicals, and moisture penetration. But most coatings fail for several reasons, which include poor quality coatings, damp concrete, improper floor prep, hot tires, and breach in concrete vapor barrier (concrete is like a sponge where moisture migrates to the surface, causing blisters in your coatings). Another disadvantage of coatings is that they require days of meticulous floor prep. You will also need to repair cracks, holes, and other surface problems and then finally etch the concrete with muriatic acid to leave it completely clean and penetrable.
Modular Garage Floor Tiles
These are made of a durable high-impact copolymer that can handle very heavy vehicle loads. The industry leader in this segment is RaceDeck Garage Floors, the creators of the modular garage tile industry you see today. Garage tiles come in many different colors and styles, including open-rib versions that drain spills and wet road slop, eliminating mold and mildew issues. Solid top surfaces with tread patterns that are not only very high-tech looking but offer great slip resistance in slick areas. They’re easy to clean and are much more chemical-resistant than paints and epoxies. RaceDeck Garage Floors have a patented positive-locking system, which makes installation very easy and is the best option for the DIY customer. Typical installation for modular garage flooring in a residential two car garage is under three hours.
RaceDeck’s advantages over Epoxy Flooring:
- 15 year limited warranty
- Installed in under a day
- Easy to remove and transport
- Easy D.I.Y. installation
- Slip resistant when wet
- Doesn’t require shot-blasting, acid-washing, or surface prep
- No Toxic Fumes
- Easy to repair if damaged
- Will not crack if concrete cracks
Creating a custom home garage has become hugely popular over the last decade, with homeowners going from the mild to the wildest garage themes. One of the first places to start your custom garage project is with the flooring. There are a lot of options out there such as paints and epoxies, which are very difficult to apply and often require an enormous amount of surface prep. Even then, most floors chip, stain, and blister over time. The most popular garage flooring choice is modular garage flooring, due to the ease of installation and durability.
The leader and creator of the modular garage flooring industry is RaceDeck®, a family-owned company that manufactures in Salt Lake City, Utah. RaceDeck garage floors are manufactured in their certified ISO quality facility and encompass over 25 patents throughout their flooring lineup.
What makes modular garage flooring and RaceDeck in particular the best choice for the residential garage floor market?
- Easy DIY install – Easy-to-install patented positive locking system snaps together without toxic adhesives, paints or epoxy.
- No Need For Surface Prep – Unlike floor coatings, garage floor tiles can easily cover up cracks in your old stained concrete, saving you time and money.
- Made For The Harsh Garage Environment – RaceDeck garage floor tiles are made from the highest quality copolymers and tested to withstand extreme temperatures from 0 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Many Styles To Choose From – RaceDeck offers more styles and color options than all other competitors combined, making your design options virtually limitless.
- Built Tough – RaceDeck can handle the most extreme vehicle rolling loads, in excess of 80,000 lbs. RaceDeck resists petroleum products, antifreeze, and most household products. Will not fade, peel, crack or blister.
- Made In U.S.A. – Every RaceDeck garage tile is designed, engineered and manufactured in their ISO Quality Certified factory in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Fast Install – Typical installation of a two car garage floor takes just hours, not days as with paints and epoxy.
So what are you waiting for? Creating your own custom home garage is a Snap!
By popular demand, the new Sublime tile color is now available from RaceDeck®!
This new addition is a bright and vibrant green that will pack a punch in your next flooring design.
Perfect for the off-road enthusiast looking for an electrifying vehicle display. Showcase your motorcycle, four wheeler, car, or your entire garage!